Today came news that competition for graduate jobs is at its highest with an average of 83 applicants per vacancy. There are loads of articles with advice for job hunting online and while none of them guarantees the dream job they can strengthen an application. I have picked just a few articles offering great advice for job hunters.
Writing your CV:
Writing your cover letter:
Getting work experience/internships:
Other interesting articles:
- Integral: How to get a job in the IT industry
- Guardian: Personal Branding for Graduates
- Behind the Spin: Trick interview question – What is PR?
- Simply Zesty: Amazing job applications to tech and media companies
If anyone has any recommendations for further job hunting related articles then feel free to share with me and best wishes to all current jobseekers.
- Why Didn’t I Get the Job? (jl10ll.wordpress.com)
- 6 Tweeting Ways to Find Your Next Job (amfertig.wordpress.com)
- How to look interesting without looking crazy on the jobhunt. (ask.metafilter.com)
- Selling yourself through your CV (uolsd.wordpress.com)
- Interview Tips From a Hiring Manager (news.dice.com)
- Telephone interview tips (jobcontax.wordpress.com)